VCU's strategic plan for 2018-2025
Welcome to the website for Quest 2025: Together We Transform. Quest 2025 provides high-level guidance and direction to ensure we are all working toward common goals. As the name implies, Quest 2025 serves as a successor to the 2012-18 strategic plan, Quest for Distinction, as we continue to make VCU the premier urban, public research university.
- Download the Executive Summary of Quest 2025 [PDF]
- Download the full report Quest 2025: Together We Transform official strategic plan[PDF]
Four themes shape Quest 2025
- Student success
- National prominence
- Collective urban and regional transformation
- Diversity driving excellence
Quest 2025 recalibration
For information about the Quest 2025 recalibration, led by Dr. Fotis Sotiropoulos, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, and Dr. Tomikia LeGrande, vice president for strategy, enrollment management and student success, visit our Quest 2025 recalibration section.
Track our progress
VCU's Institutional Research and Decision Support provides a dashboard that visualizes the plan's metrics and progress toward reaching its goals. Visit the dashboard to track progress toward Quest 2025.
Virginia Commonwealth University and its academic health sciences center serve as one national urban public research institution dedicated to the success and well-being of our students, patients, faculty, staff and community through:
- Real-world learning that furthers civic engagement, inquiry, discovery and innovation
- Research that expands the boundaries of new knowledge and creative expression and promotes translational applications to improve the quality of human life
- Interdisciplinary collaborations and community partnerships that advance innovation, enhance cultural and economic vitality, and solve society’s most complex challenges
- Health sciences that preserve and restore health for all people, seek the cause and cure of diseases through groundbreaking research and educate those who serve humanity
- Deeply engrained core values of diversity, inclusion and equity that provide a safe, trusting and supportive environment to explore, create, learn and serve