VCU's strategic plan for 2018-2025
Welcome to the website for Quest 2025: Together We Transform. Quest 2025 will be VCU's next strategic plan, providing high-level guidance and direction to ensure we are all working towards common goals.
As the name implies, Quest 2025 serves as a successor to the 2012-18 strategic plan, Quest for Distinction, as we continue to make VCU the premier urban, public research university. To date, more than 100 members of the VCU community have played a role in shaping the university's next strategic plan.
Above all, the 2025 strategic plan strives to be:
- A plan for the VCU community, by the VCU community
- Flexible, strategic and realistic, encompassing the values we've been sharing for years
- A way for units to define distinction for themselves — to identify, and make the most of, what makes them stand out from the crowd
Stay up-to-date with the progress of the new strategic plan by visiting our plan updates page. For a reminder of all the things that made the original Quest For Distinction great, visit our previous strategic plan page on this website.
Virginia Commonwealth University and its academic health sciences center serve as one national urban public research institution dedicated to the success and well-being of our students, patients, faculty, staff and community through:
- Real-world learning that furthers civic engagement, inquiry, discovery and innovation
- Research that expands the boundaries of new knowledge and creative expression and promotes translational applications to improve the quality of human life
- Interdisciplinary collaborations and community partnerships that advance innovation, enhance cultural and economic vitality, and solve society’s most complex challenges
- Health sciences that preserve and restore health for all people, seek the cause and cure of diseases through groundbreaking research and educate those who serve humanity
- Deeply engrained core values of diversity, inclusion and equity that provide a safe, trusting and supportive environment to explore, create, learn and serve